Aug. 23-26: Circuit Party Weekend at Austrian Lake Resort
End your summer with a huge splash at the fifth annual Pink Lake international LGBT Festival on Austria’s gorgeous Lake Woerthersee, from August 23 to 26.
Large, crystal-clear Lake Woerthersee is located in the center of Carinthia, the southernmost state of Austria, which is directly adjacent to the borders of Italy and Slovenia. With its picturesque setting, offering historic grand villas, the Casino Velden and a stunning castle, Velden is the ideal location to spend some relaxing time with some of Europe’s hottest men.
It may be old, but it offers the most up-to-date wellness hotels, very cool bars, cozy restaurants and cafes, charming boutiques -- it’s an exciting mix of historic charm and modern comfort.
• Almdudler Trachtenparty: The first night of the festival takes place in beautiful Villa Bulfon, right on the lake, where entertainers and guests alike dress in traditional Austrian clothing, from lederhosen......to dirndls.
• Trojka Pink Boat Cruise Party: This event is one the highlights of the Pink Lake Festival. At sunset, guests cruise the lake while sipping cocktails and dancing. (Tickets are limited, so buy these early.)
• Up! at Planet Ibiza Casino Club: DJ Eduardo de la Torre from Berlin and DJ Tim Anderson from Vienna will have 1,000 revelers from Austria, Germany and across Europe dancing until dawn.
• Pago Beach Club in the Pink Lake Flagship Hotel, Villa Bulfon: Daily non-stop fun takes place all around the lake: swimming, hiking, biking, dating games ... or just basking in the summer sun, chilling or cruising at the Pago Beach Club at the pink Villa Bulfon.
How to Get There
• By plane: Klagenfurt Airport offers direct flights to and from London, Cologne/Bonn, and Vienna. The trip from the airport to Velden is only a few minutes via taxi or rental car.
• By train: Connections to Velden’s train station are available all over Europe.
• By car: From Vienna, Munich, Venice or Zagreb in about three hours.
Go to the event website for more information.