The Top Ten Worst Snack Foods
It’s always interesting to sit down with someone and hear what their philosophies are about how to lose weight.
You wouldn’t believe some of the stuff I hear...
To be honest though, I don’t hold any of these crazy notions against anyone because I know most people have been misled and are just poking around in the dark looking for a solution that actually works.
One mistake, however, that you may be making over and over is what you are choosing as healthy snacks.
You may be on to the whole salad or veggies and protein thing for your meals, but that doesn’t necessarily ensure you will lose weight or maintain a lean physique... believe it or not, most people’s snacks are setting them up to fail and they don’t even know it.
They’re fooled by slick marketing.
Here’s what I mean.
The foods listed below are the TOP 10 Snacks that you may think are healthy for you, but are nothing more than sugar and inflammation creators in disguise.
1. Wheat Thins (inflammatory and high GI)
2. Most fruit flavored yogurts (loaded with sugar)
3. "100 Calorie" snack packs (100 empty calories...)
4. Premade fruit smoothies (all sugar, low fiber)
5. Vitamin Water (very little vitamins, but lots of sugar)
6. Slim Fast shakes (35+ grams of sugar - yikes!)
7. Energy drinks (disrupts adrenal glands natural production)
8. Rice cakes (super high glycemic - spikes blood sugar)
9. Most protein bars (high in sugar & fillers)
10. Granola & Nutrition bars (low fiber, high in sugars)
11. Mini pretzels (I know I only said 10, but I had to add this one too... it’s all processed wheat and an awful snack)
As you can see I called a few companies out, but then again I’m sure they know their products aren’t meant for weight loss. Their products may actually be useful in some respects, but if your goal is body transformation and healthy living you can cross them off your list.
Keep in mind most of these snacks listed above are loaded with hidden sugars that will cause you to crash an hour or so later when your temporary high wears off...
Feel free to add some of your favorite substitutes or other snacks that can make you fat in the comments below.
I’m looking forward to reading them and seeing what everyone has to